Life Care + Membership
Are You Covered?
A medical emergency is not the time to be calculating costs. Nonetheless, healthcare costs, Medicare co-pays, and deductibles all continue to rise. And Michigan is an aging state: more of us are more likely to need medical assistance, but have fewer resources to help us sort out medical-billing and reimbursements once we’re on the mend. For most of us, even a $500 emergency can easily swell into a financial disaster.
Research has proven the quality of treatment immediately following an emergency is a critical factor in a patient’s recovery. Don’t waste a moment worrying about money when disaster strikes. For only $59 per year ($89 without insurance), you and your family are covered for 90% of your out-of-pocket costs for medically necessary* ambulance transports to or from the hospital.
Life Care + Membership Benefits
All Life Care + members enjoy:
- 90% discount on out-of-pocket costs related to medically necessary* ground ambulance transportation provided by Life EMS.
- Expanded coverage for dependents up to 26 years old
- Discount on services not covered by your insurance, like wheelchair/mobility van transportation or a Life Extra Care Personal Emergency Response System.
- No limits: Any time ambulance service is medically necessary*, you’re covered.
- Discounts on non-medically necessary transport using Life EMS ambulance service
- Convenient billing direct to your insurance company or Medicare/Medicaid
* The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) define a service as “medically necessary” if the medical condition of the patient is such that travel by means other than ambulance would harm or endanger their life.
Life EMS is a local company serving West Michigan for more than 40 years with the most extensive West Michigan coverage area:
- Greater Grand Rapids Area
- Kalamazoo County (Portage, Kalamazoo, etc.)
- Allegan County
- Ionia County (Ionia, Belding, etc.)
- Newaygo County (Fremont, Newaygo, etc.)
- Lake County (Baldwin)
- VanBuren County
- Ottawa County
- Mason County (Ludington)
- Oceana County
We are dedicated to these communities and to you.