The Life EMS Medical First Responder program follows and exceeds the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) curriculum. This 80+ hour course prepares the participants for the National Registry Emergency Medical Responder cognitive and psychomotor certification examinations.
Developed by the U.S. DOT, the MFR curriculum is designed to enable you to become an effective Medical First Responder. Time spent in the classroom will prepare you to manage many emergencies until an ambulance arrives.
Some core content includes:
- Recognize the nature and seriousness of the patient’s condition or extent of injuries to assess requirements for emergency medical care;
- Administer appropriate emergency medical care based on assessment findings of the patient’s condition;
- Lift, move, position, and otherwise handle the patient to minimize discomfort and prevent further injury; and,
- Perform safely and effectively the expectations of the job description.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
- $200 non-refundable registration fee to secure your seat in the course
- $330 MFR course fee – due in-full a week before the start of the course
NOTE: The course fee includes textbook, workbook, MDHHS objectives, blood pressure cuff & stethoscope, CPR pocket mask, and AHA BLS Provider certification.
Upcoming Course Schedule: ** All MFR courses must have at least 12 registered students in order to hold the class**
- Future class dates to be determined
Summer MFR Course: June 8, 2021 – August 24, 2021.
The Summer MFR class will meet on Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm.
Class Location: LIFE EMS, 1279 Cedar St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
Spring MFR Course: May 24, 2021 – August 16, 2021.
The Spring MFR class will meet on Monday & Thursday evenings from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm.
Class Location: Courtland Township Fire Department, 7480 14 Mile Rd NE, Rockford, MI 49341
$200.00 – $530.00
Non-Refundable Registration Fee: $200 (due at the time of registration).
Full Course Fee: $530