The Life EMS Medical First Responder program follows and exceeds the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) curriculum. This 80+ hour course prepares the participants for the National Registry Emergency Medical Responder cognitive and psychomotor certification examinations.
Developed by the U.S. DOT, the MFR curriculum is designed to enable you to become an effective Medical First Responder. Time spent in the classroom will prepare you to manage many emergencies until an ambulance arrives.
Some core content includes:
- Recognize the nature and seriousness of the patient’s condition or extent of injuries to assess requirements for emergency medical care;
- Administer appropriate emergency medical care based on assessment findings of the patient’s condition;
- Lift, move, position and otherwise handle the patient to minimize discomfort and prevent further injury; and,
- Perform safely and effectively the expectations of the job description.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
Cost includes textbook, workbook, MDHHS objectives, blood pressure cuff & stethoscope, CPR pocket mask, and AHA BLS Provider certification.
MFR at Coopersville Fire Department **PENDING APPROVAL**
Address: 289 Danforth St Coopersville, MI 49404
Dates: 5/14/19 – 7/25/19, Tues. & Thurs. nights 6pm – 10pm
MFR at Courtland Fire Department **PENDING APPROVAL**
Address: 7480 14 Mile Rd NE Rockford, MI 49341
Dates: 5/20/19 – 8/8/19, Mon. & Thurs. nights 6pm – 10pm
** MFR courses must have at least 12 registered students in order to hold the class**
$200.00 – $530.00
Non-Refundable Registration Fee: $200 (due at the time of registration).
Full Course Fee: $530