** OUR FALL 2020 EMT PROGRAM IS NOW FULL**
If you would like to be added to a wait list, please email email@example.com
The Life EMS Emergency Medical Technician program follows and exceeds the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) curriculum. This 200+ hour course prepares the participants for the National Registry EMT cognitive and psychomotor certification examinations.
Developed by the U.S. DOT, the EMT curriculum is designed to enable you to become an effective Emergency Medical Technician. In addition to the time spent in the classroom, you will have to complete a designated number of clinical hours that are divided among hospital emergency departments and ambulances.
Some core content includes:
- Recognize the nature and seriousness of the patient’s condition or extent of injuries to assess requirements for emergency medical care;
- Administer appropriate emergency medical care based on assessment findings of the patient’s condition;
- Lift, move, position and otherwise handle the patient to minimize discomfort and prevent further injury;
- After providing initial care, preparing the patient for transport to an area hospital and continuing care en route; and,
- Safely and effectively perform the expectations of the job description.
- Current AHA BLS Provider or American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR card
- Tetanus and diptheria toxoid vaccine within the last 10 years
- Measles, mumps, rubella vaccinations or documentation of immunity
- Varicella (chicken pox) vaccination or documentation of immunity
- Hepatitis B series vaccinations or documentation of immunity*
- Current influenza vaccination
* The Hep-B vaccination series must be started prior to clinical participation.
Course fee includes textbook, workbook, MDHHS objectives, blood pressure cuff & stethoscope, and CPR pocket mask.
Our next EMT course will begin September 9th, 2020 and run through March 4th, 2021. EMT class meets on Monday & Wednesday evenings from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm and one Saturday per month from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. Class is held at 1279 Cedar St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
$200.00 – $1,750.00
Non-Refundable Registration Fee: $200 (due at the time of registration).
Full Course Fee: $1,950 (due at the start of class).