As described by the American Heart Association: The American Heart Association’s Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support course is totally redesigned for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of a patient, whether in or out of hospital. Through the ACLS course, providers will enhance their skills in the treatment of the adult victim of a cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies. ACLS emphasizes the importance of basic life support CPR to patient survival; the integration of effective basic life support with advanced cardiovascular life support interventions; and the importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation.
ACLS is based on simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active, hands-on participation through learning stations where students will practice essential skills individually, as part of a team, and as team leader. Realistic simulations reinforce the following key concepts: proficiency in basic life support care; recognizing and initiating early management of pre-arrest conditions; managing cardiac arrest; identifying and treating ischemic chest pain and acute coronary syndromes; recognizing other life-threatening clinical situations (such as stroke) and providing initial care; ACLS algorithms; and effective resuscitation team dynamics.
ACLS Refresher Course
Registration: Course registrations closes 14 days before the course’s scheduled start day. Students must have a current ACLS Provider card to attend. Class size limited to 12 participants.
Course Fee: ACLS Refresher $175
- October 9, 2020 – Kalamazoo **CLASS IS FULL**
- November 20, 2020 – Grand Rapids
- December 11, 2020 – Grand Rapids
- January 8, 2021 – Grand Rapids
- February 5, 2021 – Grand Rapids
- March 5, 2021 – Kalamazoo
- April 2, 2021 – Grand Rapids
- May 7, 2021 – Grand Rapids
- June 4, 2021 – Kalamazoo
- July 9, 2021 – Grand Rapids
- August 6, 2021 – Grand Rapids
- September 3, 2021 – Kalamazoo
- October 1, 2021 – Grand Rapids
- November 5, 2021 – Grand Rapids
- December 3, 2021 – Kalamazoo
ACLS Initial Course
Registration: Course registrations closes 14 days before the course’s scheduled start day. Class size limited to 12 participants.
Course Fee: ACLS Initial $225
Time: 9am-5pm, both days
- dates to be determined
Grand Rapids: 1279 Cedar St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Kalamazoo: 517 E North St Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Ludington: 4910 W. First St, Ludington, MI 49431
Do you also need to renew BLS Provider certification? Save time and money and renew it while you’re here for ACLS!
- Your instructor will conduct a skills evaluation. Life EMS charges $35 for the skills evaluation when completed the same day as an ACLS class.
- Once your practical skills evaluation is complete, we will provide your BLS card the same day!
Refunds will only be issued with one week advance notice of cancellation prior to the class start date.
$175.00 – $210.00