This course is designed to prepare the student to pass the NREMT certification exams and work as a competent entry-level EMT. In this course, the student will gain the knowledge and skills to properly assess and manage a variety of injuries and illnesses. The student will learn emergency scene management, introductory anatomy and physiology, the medical and legal concerns of pre-hospital emergency care, airway management, spinal and bone/joint motion restriction, principles of ambulance operation, and many specialty topics. Clinical experience is a mandatory component of this course with a minimum number of hours required on an ambulance. More details of these hours will be described in the course syllabus and schedule. Students successfully completing this course will be eligible to apply for the National Registry EMT Certification examination.
Some core content includes:
- Recognize the nature and seriousness of the patient’s condition or extent of injuries to assess requirements for emergency medical care;
- Administer appropriate emergency medical care based on assessment findings of the patient’s condition;
- Lift, move, position, and otherwise handle the patient to minimize discomfort and prevent further injury;
- After providing initial care, preparing the patient for transport to an area hospital and continuing care en route; and,
- Safely and effectively perform the expectations of the job description.
- Tetanus and Diptheria toxoid vaccine within the last 10 years
- Measles, mumps, rubella vaccinations, or documentation of immunity
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccination or documentation of immunity
- Hepatitis B series vaccinations or documentation of immunity*
- Current influenza vaccination
NOTE: The Hep-B vaccination series must be started prior to clinical participation.
$200 non-refundable registration fee
– secures your seat in the course
$1750 EMT course fee
– due in full a week before the start of the course
NOTE: The course fee includes textbook, workbook, MDHHS objectives, blood pressure cuff & stethoscope, and safety glasses.
Upcoming Course Schedule:
** Become a Life EMS Associate and let Life EMS pay 100% of the $1750 EMT Course fee!! **
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Grand Rapids Winter 2022 EMT Blended Learning Course – A streamlined course running from January 31, 2022 – May 19, 2022
We are offering a blended schedule of in-person and online learning to streamline our traditional EMT program. Class meets on Monday & Wednesday evenings from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm. There will also be 6 Saturday classes, from 8:00am-5:00pm, and 6 online class dates scheduled during the program. This blended schedule allows you to complete your EMT course in 3.5 months, rather than the traditional 6-month program.
Kalamazoo Spring 2022 EMT Academy – An accelerated course running from March 17, 2022 – May 13, 2022
Our accelerated EMT course is a blended schedule with a significant portion done online, with flexibility for you to work around your current schedule. Students will meet for the required in-person class dates every Thursday, beginning with the first day of class, March 17th, from 8:00am-5:00pm. The final week of class will be completely in-person for final reviews and exams.
Fremont Winter 2022 EMT Academy – An accelerated course running from January 4, 2022 – March 11, 2022
Our accelerated EMT course is a blended schedule with a significant portion done online, with flexibility for you to work around your current schedule. Students will meet for the required in-person class dates every Tuesday, beginning with the first day of class, January 4th, from 9am-5pm. The final week of class will be completely in-person for final reviews and exams.
Grand Rapids Class Location: 1279 Cedar St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
Kalamazoo Class Location: 517 East North St, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Fremont Class Location: 1401 W. Main Street, Fremont, MI 49412