** Our Fall 2021 Paramedic Academy is now full **
If you would like to be added to our waitlist, please contact our Education Department at 616-356-5726
The Life EMS Paramedic program follows and exceeds the U.S. D.O.T. and MDHHS curriculum. This 1000+ hour course prepares the participants to challenge the National Registry written and practical exams for licensure.
Developed by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) this curriculum is designed to enable you to become an effective Paramedic. In addition to the time spent in the classroom, you will have to complete a designated number of clinical hours that are divided among various hospital departments and ambulances.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 24% growth (much faster than average) for paramedic employment from 2014 to 2024.
The Life EMS Ambulance Education Centre/Metro Health Hospital Consortium Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).”
To Contact CAAHEP
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
To Contact COAEMSP
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett TX 75088
FAX (214) 703-8992
Some core content includes:
- Recognize the nature and seriousness of the patient’s condition or extent of injuries to assess requirements for emergency medical care;
- Administer appropriate emergency medical care based on assessment findings of the patient’s condition providing medications and other various treatments that may include endotracheal tube placement, initiation of an intravenous line(s), cardiac rhythm monitoring and treatment;
- Lift, move, position, and otherwise handle the patient to minimize discomfort and prevent further injury;
- After providing initial care, preparing the patient for transport to an area hospital and continuing care en route; and, perform safely and effectively the expectations of the job description.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
- Current or formerly licensed EMT-Basic or Specialist
- Completed a College Level Anatomy & Physiology Course in the last five years (must submit transcripts for credit)
- Current AHA BLS Provider or American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR card
- Tetanus and Diptheria toxoid within last ten years; Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccination*; Varicella vaccination or immunity by disease; Hep-B vaccination**
* If born after 1956 the student must have documented proof of vaccine or seropositivity.
** The series of three Hep-B vaccinations must have been started by the end of the first week of class in order to participate in the clinical experience.
- $200 non-refundable registration fee to secure your seat in the course
- $9300 Paramedic course fee – due in full a week before the start of the course
NOTE: The course fee includes textbook, workbook, MDHHS Objectives, and testing access. Tuition includes certification in the following areas: PHTLS, ACLS, EPC, and BCLS (renewal).
Upcoming Course Schedule:
Our accelerated Paramedic courses are a blended schedule with a significant portion done online, with flexibility for you to work around your current schedule.
Class Location: 1279 Cedar St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
Fall 2021 Paramedic Academy – An accelerated course running from September 14, 2021 – December 8, 2022
- Tuesdays will be required in-person classroom days, beginning with the first day of class, September 14th. For the last 12 weeks of the course, the students are out of the classroom completing their internship.
Current Course Schedule:
Summer 2021 Paramedic Academy – An accelerated course running from July 1, 2021 – October 13, 2022
- Thursdays will be required in-person classroom days, beginning with the first day of class, July 1st. For the last 12 weeks of the course, the students are out of the classroom completing their internship.
No graduates during the 2019 reporting year.
$200.00 – $9,500.00
Non-Refundable Registration Fee: $200 (due at the time of registration).
Paramedic Course Fee: $9,300 (due in-full a week before the start of the course).
Full Course Fee: $9,500 (registration fee included).