The Critical Care Paramedic course at Life EMS was developed in partnership with The University of Iowa.This intense course covers a wide variety of topics including, but not limited to, advanced airway management, advanced cardiovascular management, and advanced neurologic and renal treatment. In addition to the 88 hours spent in the classroom you will have to complete approximately 24 clinical hours that are divided among various hospital departments and an air medical service.
Some core course content includes:
- Critical care transport fundamentals
- Advanced pharmacology
- GI/GU Emergencies
- OB/GYN Emergencies
- Neonatal & pediatric emergencies
- Infectious & Communicable Diseases
- Lab Analysis & Diagnostic Studies
- Shock and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
- Advanced cardiovascular care (including hemodynamic monitoring, ballon pumps, and intra-cardiac assist devices)
- Toxicological Emergencies
Expert Instruction by Industry Leading Clinicians including: physicians, nurses, toxicologists and respiratory therapists as well as other subject matter experts.
- Currently Licensed Paramedic, minimum 1 year experience required
- Current certification in Trauma (PHTLS or ITLS) required
- Current certification in Pediatrics (EPC, PEPP, or PALS) required
- Current certification in ACLS required
- Have attended a 12-Lead course within the last two years (proof by CEU slip or other certificate) required
The next course dates April 15th – June 24th 2014. Class meets from 8:30am-6pm on Tuesdays.
This course has 65.5 CEU’s approved by the Michigan Department of Community Health.
Course Location: Life EMS Ambulance, Grand Rapids office
Registration Fee: $100 (due at the time of registration)
Course Fee: $950
Please note there is a 7% discount if you pay for the course in full by the first day of class.